Jain Brown is a matrimonial law specialist with extensive and wide-ranging international legal experience, including contentious financial cases and matters relating to children, both involving multiple jurisdictions.
Jain practiced as a barrister in England and Wales before moving to Hong Kong. She joined Hampton, Winter and Glynn in 1999.
Jain practices the alternative dispute resolution method of Collaborative Law. Jain has been a trained collaborative practitioner since 2010 and is a member of the Hong Kong Collaborative Practice Group and of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Jain is a member of the Hong Kong Family Law Association and currently sits as the Association’s Treasurer on its Executive Committee. Jain sits on the Hong Kong Family Court User’s Committee having been appointed to do so by the Chief Justice in 2012.
Jain co-authored “Family Law and Practice in Hong Kong” published in 2011, having co-written the chapter on nuptial agreements and has reported cases for the Hong Kong Family Law Reports.
Having been called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1994 by Lincolns Inn, Jain qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in May 2005 and became a Partner of Hampton, Winter and Glynn in 2011.
Jain’s practice areas are:
- Disputes on jurisdiction
- Divorce and judicial separation
- Separation agreements
- Financial settlements
- Maintenance claims (including enforcement and REMO applications)
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Custody disputes/Care and control proceedings/Removal from HK Jurisdiction applications
- Parental rights and duties for married and unmarried parents
- Wardship proceedings
- Hague Convention cases on parental child abduction
- Parentage issues arising from human reproductive technology
Contacts:Telephone: (852) 2847 2486
Fax: (852) 2845 9168